What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
As a developer within Reg Reporting group, you will be responsible for building the next generation of regulatory reporting platform and applications using Java, Apache Spark, Hadoop / HDFS, Sybase IQ.
The Regulatory Architecture and Control team builds sophisticated applications and systems that help the firm file regulatory reports to various exchanges and regulators across the globe. The regulatory obligations cover all non financial reporting across major businesses and asset classes in the firm. The applications and systems have the requirements to process very high volume of data in a short time in order for the firm to meet the tight regulatory SLAs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Hands on Technical developer to implement, support and maintain the regulatory reporting applications and systems
• Engage in the entire software development lifecycle, including interacting with end users to elicit and convert requirements into technical solutions and interacting with end users to resolve support issues.
• Participate as part of a global team on large development projects within the Regulatory reporting space.
• Design, evaluate and recommend tools and technologies that the team should be using to help solve problems.
• Actively participate as a member of a global team on larger development projects and assume responsibilities of components of global projects, depending on need.
• Support the system with business users and communicate ideas clearly and concisely to non-technical users of the system.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
• At least a year of prior experience
• Experience with Java
• Experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop / HDFS, Sybase IQ preferred
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.