Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
A Vice President within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the performance of and reengineering of a number of operational processes. The role calls for strong Collateral Management or Derivatives experience. A successful candidate will be expected to risk assess new business opportunities, increase optimization, and drive key strategic projects. . The role will be within the line team, and the candidate will be expected to have a working knowledge up upcoming regulatory changes, and will be part of supporting the build to meet our obligations (Margin Rules, Clearing). The role will involves close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
Collateral Management, part of Margin, Valuations & Pricing Operations sits within the Goldman Sachs Liquidity Collateral & Optimization organization. A global, multi faceted and cross product function, the primary objective of the department is the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios. Collateral Management is currently +100 staff strong in globally, with regions in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Bangalore and Singapore working closely together. The team have a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, Equity, Interest Rates, Repo, Insurance/Pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes; be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues.
- Some experience of portfolio reconciliations and processing of margin calls would be desirable.
- Flexible to manage differing challenges and ever-increasing complex nature of transactions
- Confidence to interact with external clients
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment. Team oriented approach to sharing workload and leverage skill sets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large and varied workload
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/ her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.