Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, serviles and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Candidate will work as part of the GS Bank (“Bank”) Compliance team with a primary focus on implementing monitoring plans for assessing compliance with regulations and policies/procedures. Candidate will use their skills, ideas, and leadership to assist management in identifying risk, provide advice on existing processes, assist in the development of recommendations to mitigate risk, and monitor the implementation of management’s control measures.
The compliance monitoring team reviews for continued compliance with regulatory requirements and adherence to bank policies and procedures. The team partners with functional areas to assess whether processes are working as intended, identifies areas for improvement, and facilitates reporting and issue remediation through a robust governance process.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Implement monitoring plans for assessing operational, servicing, and collections risk
• Develop data analytics and reporting techniques for monitoring effectiveness of policies and procedures
• Assess the risk and impact of issues identified during monitoring and assist with production of management reports
• Provide and analyze trends and monthly control reports detailing risk-related process gaps
• Follow up with stakeholders on the remediation of issues identified during monitoring
• Advise business operations on applicable regulatory requirements
• Review consumer complaints
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
• Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters
• Experience leading small or medium scale projects
• One to three years of experience in financial services, compliance, or audit
• Strong understanding of the bank, including consumer focused businesses
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state consumer lending laws and regulations, including, among others, Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V), UDAAP, and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Reg P)
• Ability to work in a geographically diverse team and build strong relationships across locations and regions
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.