What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Deliver secure, accurate, and innovative technology solutions, to assist and manage the health, wealth, benefits and compensation for every employee at the Firm. Key functions include Compensation, Equity Compensation, Benefits and Wellness, Employee Special Investments, and Global Mobility Services.
Engineer a suite of innovative solutions to “Attract, Develop and Retain” a strong pool of employee talent. “Talent“ is a business strategy that is fully integrated within all of the employee related processes of the Firm. Our solutions implement strategies, processes and solutions that help our people advance professionally while using with latest technology trends and capabilities that include mobile development, Social integrations and Cloud computing.
The goal of CSRE is to provide the highest quality and cost effective solutions to meet the firm's changing needs and assisting our clients in achieving their business goals.
Business Services provide essential services to internal Goldman Sachs staff on a worldwide scale to facilitate the firm's business and, in many cases, have a direct impact on profitability. As a support organization, our goal is to provide high quality, cost-effective services that allow the firm to function on a day-to-day basis and meet essential business goals. The key area of Business Services encompasses many Corporate Services & Real Estate functions for GS employees.
Resource will be part of the CSRE Technology team which will roll-up under the Bangalore Firmwide Services Technology group under GS Federation Technology.
We rely heavily on Data Warehousing and utilize best of breed tools to support transformation, master data management and business intelligence.
Our applications include custom development of java / database processes as well as a great reliance on the innovative use and extension of tools from vendors such as Oracle, Sybase, Informatica and Adobe
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Architect, design, develop and implement ETL Batch Processes that source data into Business Analytics Dashboards and operational reports for various Services technology business areas like Corporate Services, Office of Global Securities and Executive Office using Informatica.
• Manage all aspect of software development lifecycle including business requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, performance tuning, capacity planning, project management and resourcing.
• Strong DB concepts and hands on expertise in data modeling, ETL, SQL.
• Support existing subject areas dashboards and reporting including business user and end user support.
• Work independently with minimum direction and guidance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Energetic and self-motivated, ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines • Able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues • Strong analytical skills • Able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business • Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Informatica ETL – Should have hands-on in creating Informatica Mappings, Workflows
• OBI 11G – repository design (emphasis on Business Model & Presentation layers), Dashboard Visualization (navigation and usability), Configuration (WebLogic/security, cache optimization)
• DB, SQL -- Strong DB and SQL skills with experience in development and implementation of Data Warehousing Applications
• Strong Core Java skills • Web Services (REST) experience • Knowledge of Design Patterns • Relational database experience including the usage of ORM Tools • Experienced with software development on Windows and Linux • Full web-stack development including the latest JS frameworks • Hands-on experience of test driven development • Automated testing & tools (JUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, etc.) • Continuous builds & associated tooling (Maven, Gradle) • Mobile Development would be a plus • Experience with BPMN modeling and Workflow solutions would be a plus • Scripting languages & Shell Scripting would be a plus
• Database skills
• Be comfortable working with a global group that both welcomes and challenges new ideas • Learn new concepts quickly • Have a willingness to be involved in first-line user support • Demonstrate the ability to partner and work with clients to deliver benefit to the business • Work and contribute in a team oriented environment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.