Are you looking to join a dynamic and fast paced team, applying your analytical and problem solving skills for maximum impact, whilst deepening your knowledge of Equity Derivatives? Equity Trading Services is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our business and other internal and external stakeholders to provide market leading business enablement and risk and control services.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics, reporting, data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
Equity Trading Services provides front to back post-execution support to all equity based derivative activity in Europe. The Middle Office team has critical focus on front office day to day risk and trading surveillance, new issuances, client queries, corporate actions processing and strategic firm and business infrastructure projects.
Middle Office acts as first point of contact for the various Equity Derivatives Trading desks, assisting in the execution of both new client and hedging activity. Clients execute trades across a range of product wrappers e.g OTC, Securitised , Synthetic and it is Middle Office’s responsibility to ensure positions are booked and maintained correctly in our risk systems. There is a strong emphasis on knowledge and expertise which requires that all team members are fully versed in products and systems used as well as the processes and procedures that must be followed when performing day to day tasks.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the operational process lifecycle by interacting with internal and external stakeholders including clients, trading desks, brokers, Sales, Structuring and other federation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of business enablement and risk mitigation
• Partner with a team of product experts to review all operational aspects of the trade flow while gaining strong technical knowledge, risk control and commercial awareness
• Use your inquisitive mind set to identify efficiency opportunities with respect to process flow methodology as well as enhance scalability
Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex regulatory and operational process requirement, and propose creative, robust solutions
• Oversight & ownership of the full front to back operational flow ensuring that seamless execution of trades, new business and flow enhancements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to demonstrate a sound of understanding of a range of Equity Derivative products as well as Cash Securities. Strong Team-working skills – for working with both internal departments in London and globally
• Track record in the development of client relationships and key stakeholders, both internally and externally
• Ability to gain a strong understanding of the business and work with Prime Brokerage, Marketing, Structuring, Trading and Sales desks
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive under pressure
• Strong leadership skills essential – this role will require a self-starter who can manage competing deadlines and can prioritise appropriately
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.