The systems developed and supported by the GSIP IT team range from portfolio management, P&L, risk, trade processing and position management tools. These systems are all developed and deployed globally and are built using a number of technologies; (C#, Secdb / Slang, Java, RV, Sybase, Angular).
This is a hands-on front office based role which involves sitting on the trading desk and being involved in the full project lifecycle from establishing requirements with the business through to design, implementation, delivery and support. As such, it is very important that you are able to work under pressure in a front office environment with a variety of people, and are able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Also good teamwork and communication skills are essential as the role will involve working with other technology teams/business to support existing and new product flow. There is a great opportunity to learn about our trading business and build an understanding of many types of financial products.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
Goldman Sachs Investment Partners is an investment and trading group within the Goldman Sachs Asset Management division located in three regions: New York, Hong Kong and Tokyo. The group manages a number of portfolios and generates significant returns from their sizeable investments in an extremely diverse range of products.
The GSIP technology group is a global team with members in each of these locations. They are critical to the group’s ability to process trading activity, manage risk and report performance to the rest of the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Leader / Role model
• Work closely with front-office traders, portfolio managers, quantitative strategies personnel, establishing requirements and delivering solutions
• Build and maintain strong relationships with business users and other technology teams
• Manage relationships and project prioritization with the trading desk
• Work on development of global strategic projects and regional specific tools.
• Maintain and support existing production systems
• Understand the key drivers of the business and the products traded
• Learn and be proficient in SecDB / slang and JSI / Java
• 2+ years hands-on SecDB / Slang or Java experience with extensive debugging experience
• OO / Agile development practices
• SQL experience essential
• Familiarity with LINUX operating platform
• Highly motivated with a desire to work closely with a front-office trading desk
• Strong communication and client-facing skills
• Personal organization and task management
• Attention to detail