We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers Divisional Overview:
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm’s business. Controllers also ensure that the firm’s activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
The Investment Accounting Team in Irving is seeking an individual to support the team as an Analyst. Investment Accounting is involved in the accounting and financial reporting for a wide range of real estate and loan investment entities.
• Entity level accounting including asset level data uploads, journal entry preparation and input, monthly close procedures and financial statement preparation
*Preparation of lender draw requests, procurement system invoice clearance and hotel insurance claim administration
• Work is performed utilizing the JD Edwards/PeopleSoft general ledger system
• Ad hoc requests for entity financial data utilizing Excel and GL Company applications
• Prepare data to support the annual financial statement audit process and the quarterly and annual requests from the internal tax group
• Responsible for various internal and external reporting requirements
• Interface with other support areas, including tax, financial reporting, regulatory controllers, fund accounting, corporate treasury and operations
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
• Ability to use initiative and work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Good PC skills, especially Excel
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.