Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your strong analytical skills and strengthen client service relationship with your stakeholders in an impactful manner? The Private Wealth Management Middle Office team is seeking for a professional who has a keen interest in the financial markets and can collaborate with PWM Business, Legal, Compliance and other Operations teams to perform critical control functions to support the growing PWM Business.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The PWM (Private Wealth Management) Asia Asset Transfer Approvals team is a fast-paced risk management team who provides authentication and validation to facilitate movements of assets to and from PWM client accounts. The team also works closely with the PWM business and compliance teams to implement controls in the mitigation of fraud and AML risk, as well as continuously develop enhanced controls and processes to comply with changing regulatory requirements.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade and settlement lifecycle by interacting with Wealth Management Professionals, Private Wealth Advisors, Business Management, Legal and Compliance, and cross-regional Operations teams toward the shared goal of risk mitigation.
• Partner with a team of Operations experts to support business in monitoring and reconciling trades and asset transfer settlements, reviewing all economic aspects of the settlements cycle across multiple instruments while gaining strong product and market knowledge and financial risk awareness.
• Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all trade economics, payment profiles and regulatory compliance factors are correctly captured in the risk management system.
• Use your inquisitive mind set to identify control weaknesses and fraud risk with respect to asset transfers bookings
• Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress our asset transfer capabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in a financial discipline with minimum 2 years of work experience in the financial industry
• Good interpersonal skills to establish strong interpersonal relationships with clients, business counterparts, and other internal stakeholders
• Highly motivated and results orientated, have a high level of self-initiative to challenge and improve processes
• Able to manage multiple task or projects and manage deadlines effectively
• Strong leadership skills
• Due to potential client coverage, Mandarin language skills (Business level) desirable
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.