What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Platforms is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platforms solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm’s culture of high-caliber software engineering.
• This role is for a team of DevOps Engineers to add run-the-bank operational capacity to the TRAIN team to be able to support the 26 bi-weekly releases of the C/C++ and Java codebases present on the various TRAIN SDLCs.
• Our build train is a collection of tools and scripts that have been engineered at Goldman Sachs. The build train is responsible for building and deploying our risk management systems on a regular basic. This role is to provide DevOps support and assistance to the build train.
• Proficient in multiple scripted languages
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Job monitoring and experience of handling job scheduling failures
• Log file analysis
• 3-10+ of industry experience
• Unix/Win32 system programming
• Expertise in with C++ builds and related tool chains
• Experience of front line support and liason with business developers and infrastructure teams.
• Shell scripting, Perl, Python skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.