Application Opening Date: 27 October 2017
Application Closing Date: 23 November 2017
A fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated, ambitious and excited about contributing to our business and as part of a team who are responsible for driving change within a demanding and complex environment.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Client Services Operations (CSO) team serves as a single point of contact support model for clients. The primary responsibility of the CSO team is to offer day to day support for our clients and strategically partner with them to enhance overall service levels. The team acts in partnership with a wide variety of groups across the firm globally, with daily interaction across other Operations teams, Technology, Legal, and Compliance as well as with Business Leadership for the businesses that we support. Operations are heavily involved in new product initiatives and process improvements to streamline our support model. The role provides plenty of opportunities to work in a dynamic team and to contribute to providing an outstanding client experience.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build, maintain and enhance client relationships with new and existing clients
- Compile and analyse metrics to assess client efficiency & experience to identify and drive improvement
- Provide clients with a single point of contact for a wide range of operational issues and account management queries, including addressing execution and position breaks
- Educate clients on enhancements to the GS offering
- Liaise with Core Operations groups such as Trade Management, Income & Expense, Central Accounts Group and Control to resolve queries.
- Interact with the Business, Sales, Legal and Compliance teams to ensure that commercial opportunities can be facilitated under controlled conditions
- Work independently, or with team members and management, on strategic projects and process improvement initiatives to reduce risk and/or improve client service delivery
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience with strong focus on Client Relationship Management required
- Must have experience of being the point of contact for clients and various business units and on-boarding clients
- Experience of payment processing, accounting, reconciliation, product settlement, regulatory reporting, documentation, KYC required
- Demonstrable knowledge of regulatory frameworks required
- Experience of working in a client advisory capacity required
- Must have had involvement with process improvement initiatives
- Risk, collateral management, compliance and AML experience required
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) required
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment required
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.