What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
Equities Exchange Connectivity Engineers design, build, and maintain the applications, platforms, and infrastructure used for trading equities and listed derivatives in various markets. The team is key to the success of the business, and delivers connectivity solutions on a daily basis to meet requirements in areas including availability, capacity, latency, resiliency, throughput, security, regulatory, etc. in a very dynamic environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Implementing and/or enhancing connectivity software to meet challenging requirements from clients, business, regulators, and exchanges
• Working with FO/MO/BO engineering teams and trading desks to ensure smooth migration of any upgrades or changes
• Liaising with senior stakeholders across GS to implement technology strategies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in exchange connectivity software development for AsiaPac markets
• Minimum 3 years of C/C++ programming experience on UNIX/Linux
• Practical knowledge of scripting languages – Python/Perl and shell scripts
• Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
• Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly motivated, committed and capable of working against timelines
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience with several of the following: Real-time systems; Large-scale, distributed enterprise systems; Compilers; Databases; Functional programming; Test engineering
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.