WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
ROLES WITHIN STRATS
Goldman Sachs’ Strat Engineers are world leaders in developing techniques to solve complex business problems using mathematics and computer science. Specifically, FICC Micro Infra Strat Engineers are responsible for risk management calculation engines and tools across the micro businesses of Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities (FICC).
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Responsible for the design and development of key pieces in the new core risk calculation engine that is being built in the micro businesses of Goldman Sachs FICC.
-Design, develop and support highly reliable components across a range of technologies in a structured, disciplined and fast-moving environment.
- Utilizing both existing and modern technologies to deliver risk tools to trading desks globally.
- Maintain a strong understanding of financial risk management and interaction with pricing models.
- Interact with the Strat engineers, trading, sales and technology as part of project responsibilities.
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Finance, Physics, Engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent applied programming skills in C, C++, Java, Python, functional programming languages.
- Experience working with databases such as Sybase, MySQL is a plus
- Judgment -- ability to work on the trading desk under significant time pressure & make trade-critical decisions
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual
- Knowledge of financial markets, particularly from a quantitative viewpoint would be an advantage.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.