What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Engineer tools and services that bring unification and scale to Asset Management division, providing solutions that span Sales, Client Servicing, Research, Portfolio Management and Trading.
Do you want to make a significant impact and transform GSAM’s $1 trillion business? As a GSAM Data Distribution engineer you will be responsible for building out the platform for processing and delivering large amounts of data using technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, MemSQL, Elastic and Data Lake, alongside traditional RDMS technologies.
We are a consumer driven team, with the goal to transform how GSAM departments access data, providing a center of technical and functional excellence.
You will provide the infrastructure, frameworks and functional expertise to other engineers and will be called upon to understand the problem domain of our clients, and interface with enterprise level technology teams to evaluate best solutions for GSAM.
* A multi-discipline hands-on developer interested in solving real-world problems in the space of information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design and data distribution that will transform the GSAM business
* Proficient in an object oriented language like Java/Scala. Eager to learn new ones including functional programming languages. Knowledge of Scala and reactive frameworks like Vert.x is a plus
* Embrace test-driven development and other agile techniques focusing more on their fundamental philosophies then the techniques themselves, allowing better judgement as to when to apply each in order to produce quality software.
* Ability to work closely with users to understand the problem space, identify solutions and implement them quickly.
* Focused on developing scalable solutions that solve a particular problem, but are generalized to the right level such that the same solution can be applied to other problems.
* Constantly trying to improve existing systems / architecture.
* Keep on top of the latest news in software development from NoSQL/Distributed databases to Reactive Application design to micro-services.
Contact us if you would like to join our global team of like-minded, quality focused professionals in a fast-paced environment with high focus on product delivery and constant innovation where you will be able to make a significant impact to GSAM.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Provide solutions to the ever growing demand to get and process more data more quickly
• Independent analysis, design and implementation for a particular problem space, working as part of a cohesive team towards a strategic platform
• Contribute to architectural discussions and drive continuous improvement of the data platform
• Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• BSc degree in Computing or Engineering (incl. Mathematics/Physics)
• 2+ years programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, .NET, C++, Scala, SQL)
• Clear communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills
• Experience of working in Agile teams
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.