Are you looking to apply your decision making skills while deepening your understanding of loan products? Our Corporate Actions team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with traders, legal, compliance internally and loan agents externally to mitigate risks associated amendments and waivers workflows.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Loan Operations Team is Bengaluru consists of
Loan Data Quality – This team is responsible for reviewing Loan Credit Agreements and ensuring that the firms risk system are updated with loan economics and reference data. The data is used for building risk models, fed reporting and drives event processing.
Corporate Loan Servicing – This team ensures that life cycle events like rollover/rate-sets, drawdowns, paydowns, fee etc. are processed on positions where the frim is a Lender of Record.
Inventory Management Team – This team is involved in Loan position management for the desk, work with Loan agents and clients to facilitate trade settlements, prepare trade settlements proceeds and ensure firm positions are recorded accurately and timely.
Corporate Loan Agency – The Agency Team manages a portfolio of loans where the firm acts as an administrative agent for the syndicate. This involves laising with the borrowers and the lender syndicate and act as an intermediary to communicate life cycle events like rollover/rate-sets, drawdowns, paydowns, fee etc.
The team work very closely with both internal and external clients including business, traders, controllers, risk teams, compliance, technology etc.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the loan product lifecycle by interacting with Legal, Controllers, Credit, Reg Reporting Teams and compliance in addition to external loan agents in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation.
• Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all bespoke deal attributes are accurately captured.
• Use your inquisitive mind set to identify bespoke non standard terms.
• Leverage your quantitative skills to interpret complex loan restructures and ensure booking are compliant with internal and external regulations
• Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress our trade capture capabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one year (Analyst) and 4+ yrs. (Associate) of experience in financial or other related Industries
• Excellent communication skills – oral and written
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal and external clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of work, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.