Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your client service and analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our Client Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our diversified Asset Management Portfolio Managers and global business counterparts to provide best in-class client experience to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Product & Treasury support (PTS) team sits within Client Management and has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio accounting, cash management, client reporting, and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related client inquiries. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives. The group supports portfolio managers, sales and client relationship professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk across portfolios. This involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience and working closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM Operations perspective by coordinating client issues across all operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for GSAM Operations.
• Ensure accounting data accuracy and provide accounting policy oversight in order to create controlled environment for investment management process.
• Daily cash forecasting in multi-currency portfolios to include overdraft monitoring and fund liquidity reporting.
• Trading desk support to include ad-hoc queries as well as ongoing business initiatives.
• Partner and liaise with client relationship team and client implementation team to qualify new business, implement account events, and ensure the adequacy of account structures and surveillance.
• Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact.
• Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate.
• Provide governance and transparency for client collections by overseeing open receivables process and coordinating with Distribution Teams.
• Providing effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture.
• Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder.
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral.
• Previous experience in Operations and/or Financial Services industry.
• Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities.
• Be a strategic thinker, possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions.
• Risk management focus.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.