What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
Clarity Money is a business recently acquired by Goldman Sachs that offers a revolutionary AI- and machine learning-based product for consumers to improve their financial health. Ushering in a new era of mobile personal finance management apps, Clarity Money uses artificial intelligence and data science to help consumers make smarter financial decisions and get the most from their money. The revolutionary features allow users to cancel bills, get a better credit card and create a savings account, all from within the app, and all at the push of a button.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The Clarity Money team is actively seeking a Head of Android with proven industry experience. The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done. Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role
• The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done. Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role
• We need an Android expert who can build off the success of our Android Application and be a part of defining and building brand new features
• We have a lot to build for our users, and as a new company with a fresh code base, we have many opportunities to build and establish great engineering practices and solutions on top of a solid foundation
• Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative and data driven creation of our all digital retail bank. Your ideas and input are valued and the code you write will reach millions and help redefine the firm. The more you are engaged and take ownership, the more you are able to guide and influence what we do
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• 3+ years’ experience managing requirements and development team
• 5+ years’ experience in software development
• 3+ years’ experience in native Android development
• Ability to architect applications that interface with REST APIs, persist data and present information to complex UI layouts applying solid software patterns and architecture appropriate for Android
• Experience building modular, reusable and tested code
• Experience with unit, integration and UI testing
• Experience avoiding massive activities and understanding of concurrency, memory management, retain cycles, data modeling and using stable third party libraries to build excellent solutions rapidly
• Ability to lead features from inception to deployment and passion for getting your hands dirty in code and technical problems
• Extensive experience in all the core Android technologies and popular third party toolsets
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.