Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for the financial markets and the desire to work in a fast-paced, markets-oriented environment? Institutional Wealth Services (IWS) is seeking an investment professional with knowledge across a broad range of capital markets products and alternative investments in order to deliver high-touch coverage to family office clients.
Institutional Wealth Services (IWS) works in coordination with Private Wealth Advisors to develop strong ties with family offices to deliver the full investment platform of the Firm to our clients. Services provided by IWS are cross divisional, enabling a small subset of PWM clients ($1bn+) to access a broader suite of direct investment opportunities originating from the Investment Banking, Securities, Merchant Banking and Investment Management Divisions.
IWS is in search of an associate to engage with family office clients as well as source and champion differentiated investment opportunities across asset classes (including private equity, venture capital, private credit, buyout co-investments) and execute on these business opportunities with clients. We are looking for a hard-working and client-friendly individual who will be able to utilize expertise in public or private markets to drive client conversations, structure transactions, and facilitate executions, while also expanding on firmwide partnerships with PWAs and other divisions.
The Associate's responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following
· Develop connectivity within the Firm to source and deliver direct and private investments to family office clients
· Participate in structuring and negotiating deal transaction terms and investments
· Champion select investments through due diligence, committee and review processes internally
· Participate in drafting internal memorandums, conduct due diligence alongside deal teams, develop investor targeting and investor feedback summaries, and prepare of private equity market updates
· Apply your unique background and experiences to develop deep relationships with family office clients and help grow the business
· Work closely on business development initiatives including managing client-related events, spearheading product development, improving sourcing channels, and creating scalable solutions
· Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support and expand existing family office client relationships
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· 2-4 years of relevant industry experience; preferably within investment banking, equity capital markets or private equity
· Knowledge and/or experience with originating and marketing a broad range of private market transactions (e,g, venture capital, growth equity, pre-IPO placements, private credit, buyouts)
· Strong analytical skills and financial modeling / valuation knowledge
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster a strong network of relationships
· Strong client focus, business development and relationship management skills
· Strong communication (oral and written) skills, including the ability to express complex financial strategies in an organized and articulate manner
· Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
· Successful completion of Series 7 and 66 exams required within three months of starting at the firm
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.