What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
We are looking for talented and energetic Java developers to help design and implement the new generation of our inventory system which is integral to large parts of our cloud and technology infrastructure, used by thousands of users across our engineering organization. The role will allow you to gain an understanding of cloud technologies and concepts as well as an understanding of the firm’s technology infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of a project life cycle and work with extremely bright and motivated individuals, who focus on Java development and strive for continuous process improvement.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• • Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient, and firmwide application inventory system.
• • Participate in design and implementation of consolidating multiple infrastructure inventory systems integral to the backbone of the firm’s infrastructure platform
• • Collaborate with Platform consumers and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
• • Provide technical guidance and support to clients of the application inventory system, gather their requirements, and assess technical feasibility of their requests. Clients’ background range from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers.
• • Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
• • Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given the tools to help you develop your career.
• • You will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
• • We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • Hands-on Java developer, with a good grasp of Java development and testing best practices
• • Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, creative, enjoys the challenge of solving interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems.
• • Energetic, self-motivated, can independently manage multiple tasks and stakeholders
• • Moderate SQL experience on an enterprise RDBMS database – such as DB2 (preferred), Sybase, Oracle, etc.
• • Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design,
• • Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• • Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
• • Bachelor’s or a higher education degree in Computer Science
• • Some experience with designing and building high-throughput, scalable, resilient systems
• • Some experience with distributed NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch or Mongo a plus
• • Some perl and/or shell scripting experience a plus
• • Experience or at least some familiarity with building RESTful web services
• • Experience or at least familiarity to operate in a Unix/Linux environment
• • Strong oral and written communication skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.