What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
Platform is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platform solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm’s culture of high-caliber software engineering.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• new producer clients in the onboarding of their data in to the lake
• onboarding new consumer clients in the creation of warehouses and entitlements
• help writing refiners using Java and Spark
• Assist clients they’ve helped with training on how to handle day to day operations once data is being ingested or consumed
• Diagnose issues those clients have and bring feedback to the development team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus
• Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
• Excellent influencing skills at all levels and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.