HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm’s most valuable asset, our people.
ROLE OVERVIEW – Human Capital Management, Firmwide Compensation Team, Analyst / Senior Analyst, London
This open position is at the Analyst level within the Firmwide Compensation team in Reward. The role is based in London.
The Compensation team is part of the Global Reward function within the Human Capital Management Division. The EMEA Compensation team encompasses both the Firmwide and Executive Compensation functions. The Firmwide Compensation function drives the development and implementation of our global compensation philosophy, policies and practices to help effectively attract, retain, and motivate employees.
The ideal candidate will leverage their proven expertise to assist in the design and delivery of a comprehensive compensation programme to over 5,000 employees across the region. This candidate will serve as a key member of the EMEA Compensation team.
The role requires liaison with colleagues in the regional, divisional and central compensation teams, departments inside of HCM including Equity Compensation, Recruiting, the Business Partner teams, and outside of HCM including Compensation Accounting, Controllers, Legal and Tax and external advisors.
· Modelling and preparation of new hire compensation and complex offers, including the valuation of deferred equity awards foregone
· Organising compensation approvals with senior stakeholders
· Management of Analyst Program compensation cycle
· Management and communication of salary policy
· Analysis and interpretation of external and internal benchmarking
· Management of the bonus currency election process
· Coordination of year-end processes and compensation communication to employees
· Supporting Divisions in all compensation related matters across the EMEA region
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
To be successful in performing this role, the candidate will need to demonstrate strength and experience in a majority of the following areas:
· Experience in a Reward function preferred.
· Experience of general compensation practices preferred.
· Strong Business Objects and Microsoft skills preferred.
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail essential - an ability to review current processes and / or data, detect and correct errors, take responsibility for data quality; strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred.
· Client service focus and strong relationship management skills; notable responsiveness and a "can-do" attitude; ability to understand and articulate the needs of the client.
· Project management and execution - highly organized and proven ability to execute and manage complex projects and tasks, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
· An ability to understand and consider requirements of differing firmwide functions, divisions and regions.
· Good judgement - knowing when to escalate an issue combined with a willingness to be flexible.
· An ability to think ahead, anticipate questions, plan for contingencies and find alternative solutions to complex issues.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.