What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The specific role noted here is a two-fold risk management role in Salt Lake City Engineering. Primarily, the risk manager will manage and oversee business continuity planning. Additionally, the risk manager will oversee the CIO notables reporting and deep dives process both within SLC as well as throughout the Americas.
The firm-wide Business Continuity Planning (BCP) team provides a framework of policies, governance and minimum standards to ensure the firms’ business resilience and continuity of service is appropriately maintained.
The BCP team provides central risk oversight, coordination and process knowledge to prepare for and react to any operational threat to the continuation of firms’ business in the event of a disruption in the region.
• Engagement of business units in risk awareness, tracking, resilience decisions and planning
• Maintain strong relationships with the other Core-4 groups across Technology, OGS Crisis Management and CSRE Facilities Management to facilitate robust planning, solutions and controls
• Support existing governance roles in resilience and risk committees, to ensure good engagement in threat awareness, exercises, testing, assurance and other awareness, planning and mitigation activities
• Provide coordination and support on internal and industry drills and exercises
• Represent Business Continuity on projects and initiatives with other areas in the firm, interfacing with audit functions to ensure alignment of priorities and programs
• Day to day task/project management and contributing to projects designed to introduce/improve processes and tools to enhance the firm’s risk management and recovery capabilities
• Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business
• Partner in designing and executing a robust business continuity strategy identify critical business functions/applications and create recovery plans
• Partner with Technology Business Leaders to ensure critical applications supporting the business are recoverable, and that the recoverability is tested regularly
• Perform annual tests on business continuity program and maintain documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements
• Partner with Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) and Internal Audit to ensure regulatory requirements are being met, and respond to audit requests and other inquiries
• Conduct and coordinate Business Impact Analysis (BIA) of business workflows and gain an understanding of the business needs to promote the appropriate use of resources to create relevant solutions and workarounds during a business outage event
• Drive efforts around education, awareness and adoption of the BCP program within the Engineering division
As the CIO Report Manager, your will be responsible for the preparation, coordination and delivery of the weekly incident report to the CIO and working with divisional risk managers across the firm to collect all notable Engineering incidents. Additionally, you will be responsible to evaluate issues, identify core causes, and present remediation action plans through analytical deep dives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Support the Technology Risk function by prototyping, developing and rolling out production analytics and associated visualizations in the areas of data risk management, risk governance, information security, business continuity, and technology resilience, working closely with the Global Measurement team, Technology Risk Officers and Program Owners
• Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
• Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations
• Through various Firm-wide committees, assist the management of the Firm in their oversight of business resilience initiatives and the promotion of effective crisis management and business continuity planning
• Act as a trusted advisor to business divisions for business resilience, providing appropriate guidance, business simulations and training on tools and risk mitigation strategies
• Developing and maintaining strong regulatory and industry relationships
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• An understanding of any one, or more, of the following Technology Risk domains to include information security, business continuity, technology resilience, controls monitoring, risk assurance and risk governance
• Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
• Self-motivated with an ability to work on one’s own with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
• Strong process and project management skills with the ability to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
• Able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to summarize complicated technical information to people with less technical knowledge
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to ask probing questions and drive clear incident write-ups
• Excellent influencing skills at all levels and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with senior leadership, colleagues and clients
• Expertise in data analysis with Tableau and QlikView
• 3+ years of experience in the business resilience space shaping program strategy with recent experience in the implementation of program uplift and change
• Experience with managing performance, availability and scale
• Proven experience with all stages in SDLC and production lifecycle of large systems
• Experience with managing performance, availability and scale
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.