What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Enterprise Design and Global Efficiencies (EDGE) Technology partners with leadership across the firm to create bespoke technology solutions in support of financial management and operational objectives. EDGE systems empower end users by providing timely operational and analytical transparency of revenue reporting, project delivery, and expense management.
EDGE's mission is to transform the Technology Division into a product-centric organization financially, operationally, and culturally, in order to achieve efficiencies and empower consumers in the business. The team provides innovative tools which enable senior leaders across the firm to understand the impact Technology provides to their businesses. Additionally, we provide platforms that enable these groups to analyze their productivity patterns and forecast future changes. Our global team works collaboratively across both New Jersey, and Bengaluru locations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• We are looking for individuals who are interested in building high performance, complex applications using the latest technology stack, and are willing to learn.
• EDGE systems continue to be adopted by more technology teams and business areas. As a result, the platform is still growing and evolving.
• As a developer on the EDGE team, you will work primarily in Java 8, along with utilizing the latest technologies such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, Reladomo, and DropWizard (among others), to build complex analytical applications.
• This role offers the opportunity to work directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ years of experience in Java, Spring, REST, JSON, and knowledge of Enterprise patterns
• Understanding of principles of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization. Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks. Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business. Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes. Strong oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills to perform detailed technical and functional analysis
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with Workflow, ElasticSearch, Enterprise Messaging
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.