What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
Margin, Collateral and Valuations Engineering’s goal is to partner with the Business, Credit and Operations groups to provide scalable, timely, consistent, cost effective margin processing, client valuations and portfolio reconciliations across all clients, businesses and products globally. Our platform spans computations, orchestrations of dependencies, post calculations workflow to manage margin calls, settlements, reporting and reconciling with clients on their portfolios and external regulatory reporting.
Your impact will be to develop and extend our service oriented platform to provide flexible margin capabilities to Goldman’s clients at rapid pace, automate for operational scale, and reuse perspective. You will be joining a global team of technologists that are continually innovating to deliver solutions for our clients and impact the firm’s bottom line. This role will provide a unique opportunity to develop your technical skills and absorb our business, products from a domain perspective. Learning, teamwork, partnering with stakeholders, product ownership, working with very large data, designs, technical expertise and user experience are all aspects where you could make an impact or further develop your skills
Our technology stack consists of Java, AngularJS, React, BPMNs, RESTful web services, Elastic Search, Graph and DB2 database, Slang (proprietary scripting language), industry tools integration API’s. A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and the business will be the key to your success in this role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• A wide variety of projects are active and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions
• Participate in the design, development, testing and documentation of our margin platform
• Evolve the margin platform to meet business, client, regulatory, operational, technical needs
• Participate in the entire SDLC from definition of requirements through deployment and support
• Gain technical expertise and practical experience of managing mission critical platforms from technical experts within and outside the team
• Work closely with Business , Operations users and other developers globally
• Excellent opportunity to gain strong domain knowledge on aspects of the firms’ margin processing function across any type of trade executed by our clients
• On a rotation basis, involve in addressing questions, isolating and fixing problems as part of daily processing of the margin infrastructure
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Minimum of 3 years of professional development experience
• Demonstrable core Java (JDK 8 and above) development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and design patterns)
• Object oriented design/development
• RESTful web services
• RDBMS experience (DB2 preferred, write/analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• Strong technical, analytical and communication skills; must be a self starter
• Knowledge of financial markets
• UNIX environment working experience
• Graph database experience
• Big data technology stack
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.