What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
You will be an expert in your technology space who creates and develops strategic relationships across Engineering, the firm and new tech companies. You will partner with engineers and business coverage to support their mandates, and play a key role in maximizing technology-related business opportunities.
THE TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Technology Business Development (Tech BD) sits within Core Engineering. It is a point of contact between Engineering and other parts of the firm, helping leadership and business units to leverage the firm’s technological expertise You will develop broad yet deep knowledge of defined technology spaces, covering GS engineering strategy in the space, GS vendors, their competitors, the wider landscape and future trends. In that space you will:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with the relevant engineers and business coverage
• Act as first point of contact for all stakeholders outside Engineering
• Add value briefing and messaging on companies and trends to support Executive Office, Engineering, leadership, & other stakeholders across the business
• Field initial inquiries from internal teams and their clients
• Support bankers in managing relationships & pitches, performing initial tech due diligences and similar tasks
• In partnership with coverage bankers, act as the initial Engineering relationship manager for new tech companies
• Support bankers’ interaction with tech VC firms, including scoping out portfolio companies, and making introductions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• College degree
• 3-5 years’ work experience in technology or the financial sector (internships will count as work experience)
• Experienced engineer or a relevant background with a preference for candidates with experience with tech startups
• Entrepreneurial flair, an interest in the business side of the firm and a good sense of judgment.
• Highly organized. Able to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical and written skills
• Able relationship manager and networker
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Detail orientated
• Discreet – this role involves dealing extensively with non-public information.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.