What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Data Intelligence Office (“DIO”) works in partnership with business leaders across the firm to create and implement a relevant data strategy. As data continues to become increasingly important to our business operations and ability to effectively serve our clients, we seek to commercialize our data assets and accelerate and systematize the firm’s decision-making. This effort is be led by Jeff Wecker, Chief Data Officer, who rejoined the firm in October 2017, and his team. Your impact will be through produce and review reporting, metrics, and analyses to support senior management decision making. Liaise with stakeholders on headcount targets, budgeting and technology product costs. Address day to day and ad hoc cross-functional organizational requirements. Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions. Support program management development, tracking and monitoring. Assist with technology staff related initiatives including recruiting, hiring, training and other career development initiatives in conjunction with HCM business partners
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Project Execution - Satisfaction in knowing the projects you are supporting add value to the organization
• Organizational Awareness - Resourceful and knows how to cultivate relationships. Ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders and cross-functional teams, from new joiners to senior leaders, globally
• Planning and Prioritization - Demonstrates an ability to set objectives and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Is also comfortable identifying and generating opportunities to drive additional value for the organization
• Talent Management – Assist with technology staff related initiatives, including recruiting, training and other career development initiatives in conjunction with HCM business partners
• Critical and Analytical Thinking - Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and exercise a thoughtful approach to decision making
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience working in a financial services, technology company and/or similar experience within another industry
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Proficient in financial analysis
• Proficient with spreadsheet/presentation/dashboard tools and willingness to learn new tools and procedures
• Extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and analytical thinking
• Results-oriented and pro-active. Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
• Ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader strategic impact
• Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
• Fast learner, ability to navigate the organization to get up to speed quickly on key topics
• Experience with enterprise Resource Management, Project Planning, Expense Management applications
• 1-3 years of experience in a similar role, such as chief of staff or business/finance management role
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.