What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Deployment and Runtime is responsible for Goldman Sachs' mission critical production platforms including:
• Core data centre platforms including network and storage
• Private and Public Cloud computing platform
• Entitlements platform
• Security and critical infrastructure services
• Linux and Windows engineering
• Distributed scheduling
An Individual in this role will be part of a diverse global network reliability engineering team responsible for Implementation, Deployment, Operations and Product Life Cycle management of network infrastructure, including both internal campus/trading network and external facing client and Internet connectivity.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• An individual in this role will be part of network reliability engineering team responsible for Implementation, Deployment, Operation and Product Life Cycle management of network infrastructure, including both internal campus/trading network and external facing client and Internet connectivity, according to the global network policies and best practices
• Work with global network team on providing level 3 escalation for troubleshooting incidents.
• Own the delivery of a variety of concurrent network projects in varying scale from small to very large
• Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
• Maintain accurate network diagrams, inventory and documentation for network infrastructure.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Extensive knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF & RIP, SNMP, Multicast, STP, HSRP, switching technologies, VLANs, Firewalls, Carrier Circuits, E1, SDH, Ethernet)
• Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers & Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Juniper and Netscreen firewalls, GRE/IPSec
• Extensive hands-on experience in implementing, operating and troubleshooting large IP-based Data networks (LAN/WAN/MAN), preferably with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
• Knowledge and experience working with network management tools such as configuration management, network health check tools, log collectors
• Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently in a global team environment.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in finance industry and multi-national company
• Experience with automating Network functions is a plus.
• Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Java, SQL) beyond basic scripting is a key advantage
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.