What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
As a software engineer in FICC Sales Technology, you will work closely with a talented team to build and own part of our ecosystem used by Securities Division salespeople to improve service to our clients, identify opportunities, and increase firm revenue. At the core of our platform is a modern web stack built on RESTful services, big data technologies and dynamic compute - using a variety of open-source, commercial, and proprietary technologies. You will engineer software across all phases of the software development lifecycle: working with salespeople to design new features, building those features, creating and running tests, receiving feedback, and delivering enhancements. You will have the opportunity to work at all levels of the tech stack, though being a full-stack developer is not required.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to Securities Division sales workflows
• Build applications/APIs to maintain client data
• Build APIs for other technology teams to access client data in a consistent fashion
• Evolve the APIs & applications to handle on-going new requirements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years of hands on development experience(Java/Full stack) with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
• Familiar with OO Programming concepts, design patterns and other software development best practices
• Relational database experience (e.g. Sybase, UDB) and/or ORM frameworks.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
• Strong team player, able to work extensively with other teams both locally and globally
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Experience in and RESTful web services development
• Experience in database development, SQL, preferably DB2 or Sybase
• Data visualization & data modelling experience
• Experience in Unix Scripting languages like Shell, Python, Perl etc
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.