What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RMD Technology supports the Realty Management Division, a global business unit that
provides loan, real estate and investment management services to multiple trading desks across the firm. The applications built by RMD Technology facilitate the life cycle of $24 billion assets under management across different regions and asset classes. The team is
uniquely situated to interface with multiple groups in the front-, mid- and back-offices giving a well-rounded perspective to the flow of the data throughout the firm.
Are you passionate about software development, technology and building solutions to enable critical financial businesses to function and optimize their effectiveness? Do you want to help Lending business, that accounts for ~25% of GS revenue, to continue it's rapid expansion and see immediate results of your impact? Do you want to get exposed to variety of latest technologies (Apache Ignite, Kafka, Spring, GitLab, React, Angular, Elastic etc), working on large scale development projects?
We’re looking for an engineer who wants to use their skills and innovation to collaborate with the business in building cutting edge technology solutions to optimize Loans servicing, settlement and trade processing to join our technology development team.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Forge strong relationships with our clients in Operations, Trading, Sales, as well as other technology teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes.
• You will be joining a large community of like-minded technologists in a very flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, “can do” mindset and teamwork
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of experience in any one of the following languages - Java, Python, C#, C++ or Scala. Experience with Relational or NoSQL DBs
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willingness to learn new open-source technologies as well as firm’s proprietary risk management system SecDB and programming language Slang
• Excellent leadership and communication skills. Ability to motivate and build high performing team.
• You will need to be excited by both technology and the products traded by our business
• Experience working in finance industry
• Multi-threading, distributed computation and low latency processing
• Test-Driven development
• Experience with Quartz, Athena, Rice or any other in-house risk management framework is a plus
• HTML5, React or Angular
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.