Marquee Engineering is a cross-asset team that provides clients with a seamless interface to access our analytics, data, content and execution capabilities, via a browser or an API. We partner with strats, sales and traders in the firm’s Securities Division to provide best in class execution workflows, risk and analytical tools and relevant content to best suit our client channels. Our digital offerings, under the unified Marquee brand, directly correlate to market share and profitability.
As a front-office engineer on the Marquee Engineering team, you will be at the forefront of shaping our client’s experience across asset classes and products. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Using leading open source technologies, we are scaling to many API calls and millisecond-level response times that power our apps used by clients. We are pursuing engineers across the stack, from those who are confident working with low latency processes through individuals passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces. Our team works on agile principles that are flexible to client requests which have need for us to rapidly prototype and turn around high quality tested code in short time frames.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Exposure to various asset classes our clients transact in
• Connectivity with traders, salespeople, strategists and multiple areas of Technology in a dynamic environment
• Overall, you will be challenged to think strategically, proposing new business design, analytics and/or solutions to meet many of our clients’ needs. As you gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Professional React/AngularJS development experience
• Solid understanding of the web development process from the layout/user interface to services layer
• Experience creating responsive HTML5 GUI's
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity