The Network Security Engineering Team is looking for:
1. Seasoned, technical VP-level candidate to be a member of the NJ Network Security Platform Architecture team
2. Responsible for the architecture, design, testing and certification of new products and sustained engineering of existing products that are critical to the firm’s business.
3. Partner with the Network Software Engineering team to increase operating efficiencies by reducing manual tasks through automation.
4. Provide technical guidance to our clients regarding our platforms and offerings, including: Technology Risk, Site Reliability Engineering, and application developers.
5. Follows the industry for new trends and emerging technologies allowing for the constant evolution of our designs to stay ahead of new threats
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Support our clients as we expand into public cloud implementations.
• Secure our perimeter and engineer new solutions to ensure the integrity of our network.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong client orientation and business interaction skills
• Ability to author and maintain technical documentation
• Bachelor’s or a higher education degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar degree
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Energetic, self-motivated, and can independently manage multiple projects and stakeholders
• 8-10 years’ experience working in an enterprise network environment
• Extensive experience with engineering and deployment of firewall, IDS/IPS, proxy and other network security platforms, including product testing and certification
• Ability to troubleshoot application outages and performance issues
• Basic understanding of routing and switching protocols and products
• Understanding of DDOS protection mechanisms
• Understanding of perimeter and DMZ environments and the interactions of their subcomponents
• Scripting experience is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity