Unix Engineering is a global team that architects and manages the Linux, Virtualization, and Server Hardware computing platform at Goldman Sachs. The Unix engineering team works closely with application developers and strategists to build and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform. Goldman Sachs is actively undertaking a private-cloud revolution in that we are moving from our internally written and proprietary cloud to an open source and standards-based stack. Come challenge yourself by leveraging your skills and passion for technology as we yet again evolve The Bank to increase scalability and performance, adopt containerization and cutting-edge open source tooling, and build the next generation of our compute platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop new services in the space of Operating System Lifecycle and Configuration Management
• The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams.
• The candidate will work through the software development life cycle on a range of projects using a variety of languages and technologies including Go, Python, Java, Kubernetes, Prometheus, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years relevant technical experience including as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications and exposure to the software development lifecycle
• A strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
• Experience in Go, Python or Java
• Experience with Relational (e.g. Postgres) and Document (e.g. MongoDB) Databases.
• Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions.
• Experience in test driven development.
• Familiarity with open source configuration tools such as Salt, Chef, Puppet, or CF Engine.
• Using Agile methodologies
• Automated testing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity