Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all
the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly
consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients’
needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Prime Services Client Technology develops products used by external clients of the Prime business, including hedge funds and institutional investors. We work closely with our business partners in Sales, Client Relationship Management and Operations throughout all stages of the development lifecycle. Our products include an external client portal offering many client tools, cross-asset class reporting on post-execution data including SWIFT and Datafiles, and internal applications used by our various business groups.
The Prime Services Client Technology team creates and enhances a suite of applications used to interact and provide data to our external hedge fund and institutional clients. This is done both interactively via our client portals, as well as via the distribution of data and reporting information. The team works closely with our business partners on product specifications and workflows. This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade, as well as having a direct impact to clients experience in a technology-intensive business in which Goldman Sachs is one of the market leaders. Client demands and new innovative products put a constant pressure on us to look at new technology products available in the market place or in the firm. As a result, Prime Services is constantly expanding its platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain exposure to the latest technologies.
This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with mature and new technologies applied at scale, get exposure to the business, innovate and make a real impact the bottom line. We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed Client Technology platform
• The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment
• As part of the product lifecycle, the roles includes support and maintenance of the existing platform
• The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and business professionals to define behaviour, functionality and expected outcomes for the products under development
• The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong analytical skills
• 7+ years of Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns). Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#).
• 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• 5+ years OO design/development
• Strong communication skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Unix environment working experience
• Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
• Test Driven development
• Tomcat experience a plus
• Big data technology stack
• Financial market knowledge
• RESTful web services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity