The User Platform Engineering team is responsible for the desktop, Windows server and end user authentication platforms for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenServer, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms.
The successful candidate will work on critical global platforms used by everyone at Goldman Sachs, including NDS, our Network Desktop Solution, that allows our people to access their workplace desktop from any computer, and Login.GS, our remote and at-home solution, which allows the same level of access from home or on the road.
We are looking for .NET developers with experience in Windows enterprise infrastructure who understand the requirements for global, distributed platforms that require very high levels of uptime.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of professional experience in a software engineering role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
• Execute the full software product lifecycle: analysis, technical design, development, testing, release, support
• Contribute to, and eventually lead, software engineering and re-engineering projects
• Collaborate with engineers from other platform teams to design and implement new features
• Engage in production troubleshooting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics or Communication
• Proficiency in designing, developing and testing software in C#; willingness to learn and adopt new languages as necessary
• The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both in writing and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Experience developing, deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle
• Solid experience of version control, continuous integration, deployment and configuration management tools
• The ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
• Experience with Citrix and VDI environments
• Experience with public cloud environments (AWS Certified Developer or equivalent)
• Experience in Java development software development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity