Network Engineering is a global organisation that is part of the Business platform unit based in multiple locations around the world. The Asia team develops products and solutions including networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity, network security and e-commerce services, the design of the physical network supporting the regional data center and inter-connectivity to regional offices across Asia. The team ensures that knowledge, best practice and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Developing new solutions for internal clients o Working with internal clients to understand their requirements o Translating client requirements into technology solutions o Communicating the important technical and commercial attributes of solutions to clients in ways the client can understand
• Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
• Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
• Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
• Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
• Provide technical escalation for complex problems
• Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience testing and planning the deployment of router and switch platforms
• In-depth knowledge of data centre design principles, products and protocols
• Good appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards
• Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, GRE/IPSec, IDS/IPS, Security platforms and other Enterprise security related tools.
• Design and product experience with firewalls – Juniper Netscreen/JunOs and Palo Alto
• Experience working on monitoring and resolving network security and breaches, relevant experience on Security hardening on various platforms. Familiar with industry best practices in network security
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Extensive experience with the management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
• Extensive technical experience in engineering and implementing networking technologies within a large Enterprise, preferably with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
• Appreciation of neighbouring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Virtualisation Computing and Multimedia
• Experience with automating Network functions is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity