FAST is a cross-divisional team in Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities (FICC). FAST Technology partners with strats, sales, traders, and franchise managers in FICC market making businesses to understand and quantify opportunities, inefficiencies and workflow obstacles. We develop intuitive and relevant analytics to optimize business leaders’ decision making and, partnering with FAST strats, convert data-driven insights into action by embedding those analytics into simple front-line sales and trading workflow tools.
As a front-office engineer on the FAST team, you will be at the forefront of a data-driven initiative to optimize decision making across multiple asset classes. This role will focus on Python development within our natural language parsing platform. You will be responsible for working closely with sales and trading to optimize workflow via NLP as well as building a scalable and robust platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Exposure to aspects of trading in various fixed income products
• Connectivity with traders, salespeople, strategists and multiple areas of Technology in a dynamic environment
• Overall, this role will draw upon your knowledge of programming and analytical skills: you will be challenged to rapidly prototype early-stage solutions. Data-driven insights from usage patterns and user feedback will drive you to condense your work into simple and efficient real-time workflow tools. You will also be required to think strategically on a higher level, proposing new business metrics or suggesting alternatives. As you gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Interest in fixed income products
• Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
• Experience in fixed income asset classes
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C++, Java)
• In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity