The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
Margin, Collateral and Valuations Engineering’s goal is to partner with the Business, Credit and Operations groups to provide scalable, timely, consistent, cost effective margin processing, client valuations and portfolio reconciliations across all clients, businesses and products globally. Our platform spans computations, orchestrations of dependencies, post calculations workflow to manage margin calls, settlements, reporting and reconciling with clients on their portfolios and external regulatory reporting.
Your impact will be to develop and extend our service oriented platform to provide flexible margin capabilities to Goldman’s clients at rapid pace, automate for operational scale, and reuse perspective. You will be joining a global team of technologists that are continually innovating to deliver solutions for our clients and impact the firm’s bottom line.
This role will provide a unique opportunity to develop your technical skills and absorb our business, products from a domain perspective. Learning, teamwork, partnering with stakeholders, product ownership, working with very large data, designs, technical expertise and user experience are all aspects where you could make an impact or further develop your skills Our technology stack consists of Java, AngularJS, React, BPMNs, RESTful web services, Elastic Search, Graph and DB2 database, Slang (proprietary scripting language), industry tools integration API’s.
A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and the business will be the key to your success in this role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• A wide variety of projects are active and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions
• Participate in the design, development, testing and documentation of our margin platform
• Evolve the margin platform to meet business, client, regulatory, operational, technical needs
• Participate in the entire SDLC from definition of requirements through deployment and support
• Gain technical expertise and practical experience of managing mission critical platforms from technical experts within and outside the team
• Work closely with Business , Operations users and other developers globally
• Excellent opportunity to gain strong domain knowledge on aspects of the firms’ margin processing function across any type of trade executed by our clients
• On a rotation basis, involve in addressing questions, isolating and fixing problems as part of daily processing of the margin infrastructure
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Minimum of 2 years of professional development experience
• Demonstrable core Java (JDK 8 and above) development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and design patterns)
• Object oriented design/development
• RESTful web services
• RDBMS experience (DB2 preferred, write/analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• Strong technical, analytical and communication skills; must be a self starter
• Knowledge of financial markets
• UNIX environment working experience
• Graph database experience
• Big data technology stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity