You will be part of the Reference Data team, which belongs to the Core Engineering organization at Goldman Sachs. We provide our customers throughout the firm quick and effective access to massive volumes of financial market data in order to drive their business needs. This gives them the opportunity to respond more quickly to changes, gain deeper insights and forecast capabilities. The challenges related to using the data to drive innovation and customer experience provide an even greater opportunity for innovation. Our team builds platforms and technology solutions to model, source, and distribute financial reference data including clients, accounts, financial products and prices to all of the firm's systems. We are an accelerator and enabler for the business, making them more effective at managing and optimizing consumption of reference data and abstracting client, market and regulatory changes through innovative solutions. Our team is made of software developers and technical product owners with deep technical skills and an affinity for creating solutions with the potential for enterprise-wide impact.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be part of the technology function for Enterprise Reference Data, focusing on building UIs for the data sourcing platform that enables the business to operate efficiently with the data
• You should be able to quickly build visualizations on top of MongoDB / Sybase / DB2 / Elastic Search data to meet business needs, as well as be the thought leader to influence functional heads on new and innovate ways to visualize data that will help drive business value
• You will help design data architecture to enhance existing pipelines
• You will participate in data architecture decisions and partner with technology teams to implement data products in production systems.
• You will work closely with business partners and technology leaders to evaluate new BI tools that can further enhance the business’ ability to analyze data
• You should be able to commercialize data products and influence leadership on the value of these products
• This is a wide open opportunity for a motivated individual to use their skills to drive change in a high-visibility, challenging environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
• 5+ years of software industry experience with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• In-depth working knowledge of UI best practices
• Experience with test-driven development, including hands on experience with testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, Cypress, Karma, etc
• Basic understanding of distributed and scalable system design
• Proficiency in using advance data structures and algorithms
• Experience working with business or clients to transform requirements into software solutions
• Demonstrable history of successful project delivery
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in designing, building and maintaining large-scale UIs for high volume applications
• 1 years’ experience in fintech industry
• Experience working in a start-up business or a new business line within a larger organization is preferred
• Experience in building data products from inception to implementation
• Web services development: RESTful APIs; Swagger; Jersey; Glassfish
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity