Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defense program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical
investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
Do you enjoy solving challenging puzzles? Protecting critical networks from cyber-attacks? Designing and integrating state-of-the-art technical solutions? A position as a Security Data Engineer on Goldman Sachs’ Threat Management Center lets you do all this and more:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design and develop data ingest and transform processes
• Engineer streaming data processing pipelines
• Drive adoption of Cloud technology for data processing and warehousing
• Engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs
• Apply latest technologies in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to correlate the big datasets and events, and derive dynamic cybersecurity rules.
• Collaborate with a global team to continually operate and improve a world-class cyber program by driving the uplift of sensory tools, detection tuning, and access to data sources to increase detection effectiveness by applying data analytics.
• Participate in a 24x7 coverage model to prevent and remediate security threats against Goldman Sachs’ global business network.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a team-focused environment
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
• Working knowledge one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C#, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications
• Deep understanding of multidimensionality of data, data curation and data quality, such as traceability, security, performance latency and correctness across supply and demand processes
• In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts to extract critical concepts
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
• Highly motivated self-starter who can provide thought leadership in big data analytics
• Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Responsive to challenging tasking.
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
• Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion.
• Financial Services industry experience
• Previous work experience in Cyber Security field is a plus.
• Experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Spark)
• Experiance with cloud based big data platforms such as AWS or Google a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity