The SDLC Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the development tools, controls and processes used by over 8,000 engineers at Goldman Sachs. We need to balance uplift and ongoing improvement of the production environment and existing internal tooling, as well as bringing in industry-standard solutions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design component, as well as integration architecture, for large scale web applications
• Develop, test, and support features for globally deployed web apps
• Follow best practices throughout the SDLC process
• Participate in team-wide design and code reviews
• Engage with internal development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
• Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
• Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors Degree Qualification
• Overall 5 - 8 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in developing Java-based applications
• A deep understanding of SDLC and the development toolchains
• Experience with latest technologies - AWS, Docker, Angular 2, etc
• Experience with large scale data processing tools like Elastic Search and add-on tools like Kibana, Logstash will be an added plus
• Experience integrating with Restful web services
• Working knowledge of using Gradle, Maven, SVN, and Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA)
• Analytical mindset, creativity, and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions and see through a complex problem set
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Team player; able to build effective relationships and encourage a collaborative working environment
• Energy, self-motivated, and independence to manage multiple tasks
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
• Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
• Proven experience across the SDLC
• Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity