What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The firm’s Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious Platform Infrastructure Engineers who are passionate about design and implementation of automated, high-performance, always-on systems in the public cloud that meet the demands of our digital customers today and in the future. Successful candidates will be proficient with cloud and automation technologies backed by a strong understanding of networking, security, and system engineering principles.
• Achieving highly efficient and reliable infrastructure provisioning through automation
• Identifying and delivering self-service capabilities to other engineering functions that require on-demand infrastructure
• Implementation and design of always-on systems in conjunction with our Site Reliability Engineering teams
• Subject matter expertise support for our cloud platforms, both in production and non-production environments
• Maturing use of existing cloud services in addition to identifying, testing, and adopting new services to address new demands, features, and products
• Work closely with architecture, security, compliance, and other business functions to define requirements, collaborate on designs, and execute on delivery of the solutions
• 5+ years of professional experience in Reliability Engineering, Linux Systems Administration, DevOps, or Systems/Infrastructure Engineering
• 3+ years experience with infrastructure design and implementation for major public cloud provider(s)
• Experience with automation and configuration management tooling and frameworks
• Proficient with modern scripting languages (e.g. Python and Shell)
• Understanding of industry standards for building services in Cloud environments
• Familiarity with Linux OS concepts and CLI proficiency
• Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex systems
• Composed urgency in stressful situations is critical
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity