Enabling Goldman Sachs’ research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You’ll be part of a team responsible for the next generation digital research platform on the public cloud. As a Cloud Engineer, you will collaborate with software engineers to deploy and operate GIR systems in AWS. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes with a focus on security. We use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless post mortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. GIR’s culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. You will be responsible for identifying the right tools, technologies and procedures for the GIR cloud platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will work on a diverse set of technologies, many open source, and find where their interests lie.
• We sit with our business counterparts and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
• Cloud platform engineers will manage availability, latency, scalability, security and efficiency of GIR services by engineering reliability into software and systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
• A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
• Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
• Experience with software development lifecyles methodologies, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and associated tools
• Experience with automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
• Experience in network, service and application monitoring
• Cloud Infrastructure build out, DevOps/DevSecOps experience on AWS Public Cloud
• Infrastructure as Code
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity