CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Fundamental Equity takes an active approach to investing by aiming to identify companies that they believe will create long-term value.
The approach is based on understanding and anticipating change through forward-looking, company-specific research.
Fundamental Equity is seeking to add a highly motivated professional to its client portfolio management team. Client portfolio management is responsible for communicating the investment philosophy, process, product positioning and current market trends to clients and each of IMDs key distribution channels globally.
The Associate/Vice President client portfolio manager will work with senior professionals on the Fundamental Equity team and throughout the organization to drive product initiatives, sales and demand for Fundamental Equity products across Institutional and Retail clients.
- Serve as a product management generalist across the Fundamental Equity platform
- Learn and communicate the Fundamental Equity Teams’ investment philosophy, process, product positioning and current market trends to internal and external clients
- Lead communication and advise clients on investment and portfolio strategies
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for clients and internal reporting across distribution channels
- Update and maintain internal databases and portfolio repository platforms
- Work with sales and marketing teams to create materials used in new business pitches and client reviews
- Develop knowledge of industry trends, competitive landscape and investment teams capabilities to facilitate improved client experience.
- Assist with the completion of Requests for Proposals and ad hoc projects
- 5 to10 years experience in Investment Management, in Product Management, Client Portfolio Management, Advisory Fund Management, or Sales/Marketing with a focus on Global Fundamental Equities
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Command of native level Japanese and fluent level English language is a must
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Must be detail oriented, motivated, and hard working
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity