Unix Engineering is a global team that architects and manages the Linux, Virtualization, and Server Hardware computing platform at Goldman Sachs. The Unix engineering team works closely with application developers and strategists to build and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform. The Linux OS is the key execution platform for The Firm. We have a wide variety of applications and platforms dynamically running on a global scale that often allows us to find problems with monthly OS releases or new hardware platforms before the wider community.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Optimize kernel, hypervisor and hardware configurations for best performance and lead reliability testing across our monthly operating system releases
• Troubleshoot reliability issues, debug kernel crashes, and identify necessary patches
• Evaluate and propose new performance and security enhancements
• Partner with the wider engineering teams to create and optimize solutions to solve business problems within the private and public cloud
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Comprehension of the Linux kernel at the lowest levels and/or previous kernel development history
• Strong foundation in C, C++ and Assembly (x86)
• Advanced Linux system administration knowledge with a grasp on the changing evolution of the Linux kernel, user space and open source ecosystem
• Strong understanding of low-level compute fundamentals, assembly and processor architecture
• Proficient experience in Python and shell scripting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity