Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Fixed Income / Money Markets Technology supports the largest business unit in GSAM and one of the top Fixed Income asset managers in the world with over $800 billion under management. The business manages money for large institutional investors and runs several mutual and hedge funds spanning a broad spectrum of sophisticated Fixed Income securities and geographies. GSAM Fixed Income has extensive and growing global presence with key offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Singapore and Bengaluru. The role offers a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Fixed Income professionals and deliver the latest technology solutions while learning finance. Fixed Income Technology is a global team of approximately 60 developers working directly with the Fixed Income business on all aspects of the investment process: Portfolio construction, Trading and Risk Management. The Engineering team is based in New York, Burlington, London and Bengaluru. As an engineer in the global fixed income team you will be working directly with traders, portfolio managers and desk heads to digitize and automate their portfolio construction and trading flows as part of the GSAM business growth strategy.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Learn the Finance business while building out internal applications and external websites used by clients, insurance wrap providers and fund managers. This unique position offers the candidate an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment using the latest technology and first hand exposure to Finance.
• The GSAM Stable Value technology team is located in lovely Burlington, Vermont. The view of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains from the office is spectacular, and we are in the center of a vibrant downtown with cafes, restaurants and shopping centers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Fluency in Java or other JVM language
• Comfortable working with users to support existing applications and gather requirements
• Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
• Interest in Finance
• Familiarity with Financial Tech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity