Enabling Goldman Sachs’ research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and
accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they
choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to
help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
In this role, you will be part of a global development team responsible for building platforms that manage our clients’ access to all GS Research content and services as well as invoicing those clients who pay for subscriptions. You'll be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, from requirements definition through to deployment and testing. You'll work with senior technical architects and functional experts to design and implement key components of the Global Investment Research platform. You'll engage with other teams on a regular basis to integrate their solutions with other parts of the GIR ecosystem. And you're encouraged to pro-actively identify improvements to existing systems.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a software engineer you will be part of the team that is changing how the firm implements entitlements as we push GS Research applications out to the cloud and closer to our clients
• You will be involved in the early stages of a new business as we begin invoicing client for research payments for the very first time
• This role interfaces with many parts of the firm exposing you to new ideas and technologies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Good analytical skills and not afraid to learn new programming languages and approaches
• Passionate about technology
• Collaborative spirit and clear communication skills
• 2+ years of Java development
• Agile methodologies
• Experience working in a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity