Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
Datalake SRE Analyst/Associate developer will work on a variation of projects with an aim to harden the plant through a series of small and medium size enhancements. These will be a combination of:
- Building out reports and infrastructure to measure the plant
- Bug Fixes and enhancement based on the measures
- Build out of or SDLC process
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Building out reports and infrastructure to measure the plant
• Bug Fixes and enhancement based on the measures
• Build out of or SDLC process
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• At least 4 years of strong hands-on development experience, working on multi-tiered, mission-critical, large scale frameworks and applications
Minimum 3 years of Java experience with strong Object Orientated programming skills
Strong SQL and Relational database modeling skills, preferably DB2
Experience with testing frameworks such as Fitnesse, Junit
Initiative/Ownership - The candidate must be self-motivated, with the ability to find creative solutions and move projects forward.
Communication - possess strong communication skills and show past experience in utilizing various influence skills.
• 2-5 years relevant technical experience including as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications and exposure to the software development lifecycle• Experience in AngularJS and Java• Experience with SQL Server and database development• Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions• Experience in test driven development
• Strong analytical skill to perform technical and functional analysis.
Self-starter and strong team player, highly motivated to support mission critical software with external cut-off times.
Java and strength in OO design
Knowledge of ORM /persistence frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
Knowledge and experience developing with messaging (e.g. JMS, MQ)
Solid knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
Familiar with SDLC tools (e.g. SVN, JIRA, Eclipse)
Strong communication skill, written and verbal.
Ability to interact with non-technical user groups.
Ability to produce technical design documents.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity