WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
GS SUSTAIN is a global long-term investment research strategy designed to generate sustainable alpha by integrating analysis of financial strength, strategic positioning, and environmental, social and governance performance.
· Primary owner of the GIR SUSTAIN data driven framework
· Utilising Python, streamline how the SUSTAIN team interacts with and manipulates large datasets,which captures data from companies’ public reports including annual reports, proxy statements, websites.
· Verification of data with providers and/or companies where required
· Assess and validate new data driven inputs to incorporate into the framework, including alternative datasources
· Refresh ESG analysis on a regular basis, and incorporate the analysis in GIR published research reports
· Contribute to thematic SUSTAIN ESG research reports
· Respond to recurring and/or ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
· Master’s degree in a quantitative field
· Strong background in Python and proven ability to manage large datasets in Python
· Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
· Knowledge of and experience with financial and accounting data a plus
· Genuine interest in finance and Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) or sustainability topics
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented. Communication across multiple regions and with adjacent teams occurs on a daily basis.
· Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment, while adhering to high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity