AppBank Operations is a 24x7, two city model unified production management team supporting the business application of the firm using cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business, sharing best practices while providing a critical mass to help drive transformation. The team also adopts various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Vice President in AppBank, the Technology Division’s “Run-The-Bank” production management organization in Goldman Sachs. Senior role in the production management function for technologies and systems that support the Firm’s various business functions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work actively with team members to analyze and resolve application issues
• Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
• Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
• Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
• Adopt various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
• Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with AppBank Engineering team in automating them
• Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
• Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
• Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
• Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance
• Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
• Lead the team of specialists, guide them on complex issues, manage multiple ‘potential Sev1’ and Sev1 incidents leveraging other specialists in the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Master’s degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Five (5) years of software development experience OR
• Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Seven (7) years of software development experience & Three (3) years of experience in leading development team
• Experience in the Financial Service Industry
• Experience in Cluster Computing and Big Data solutions: Spark, Hadoop, HDSF, XRS using public cloud
• Degree in Computer Science
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity