Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The global Investment Banking Division (IBD) strives to provide best-in-class advice and execution excellence on complex transactions across mergers and acquisitions and financing (including equity offerings, debt issuances and derivative transactions).
The Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Management team works with various market intelligence data sources to provide regular in-depth information and analysis to M&A and Investment Banking management for strategic decision making
· The role requires researching public and proprietary data sources for potential deal announcements and rumors
· S/he will be primarily responsible for summarizing Global M&A announcements and rumors and Equity & Debt Capital market deals, to be distributed across firm on a regular basis
· S/he will also be required to do a systematic follow up with senior IB members across the globe for GS positioning around announced / rumored deals
· Responsibilities also include, but not limited to:
— researching M&A trends and situations
— collating and analyzing data from various teams around GS positioning for rumors and announcements
— periodic review and reconciliation of M&A League tables across vendors
· Masters in Finance or Masters In Business Administration (MBA) with Finance as Major and 0-1 year experience
· Graduates from top tier college with 1-3 years of experience in Investment banking or related business
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with teams across the world as an integrated team member
· Familiarity with Databases Bloomberg, Refinitiv (Thomson Reuters), Dealogic and Merger Market will be a big plus
· Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
· Strong MS Excel skills having ability to present complex analysis in a simplistic manner, including a good understanding of running / creating Excel Macros
· Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
· Strong client service orientation
· Interest in following capital markets and M&A activity, in particular
· Ability and dedication to meet strict and aggressive deadlines
· Analytical mindset with an eye for details
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity