Are you passionate about leading teams, solving complex problems and reducing risk for the firm and its clients?
We are looking for a professional to lead our EMEA Regulatory Reporting & Monitoring Team who wants to use their skills and experience to build a motivated team who strive for excellence in the execution of the firm and our client’s regulatory reporting obligations.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Consumer Investment Management Division (CIMD) delivers asset management and wealth management capabilities to clients around the world. The Operations team is a multi-faceted group that partners with all areas of the division to support evolving markets and business requirements. The Regulatory Middle Office (RMO) is a global team who oversees CIMD regulatory reporting and leads or provides SME input into regulatory reform initiatives. To achieve this, the team partners with internal and external stakeholders including Regulators, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Trading Desks, Client Relationship Managers, Engineering, Legal and Compliance.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be the Regional Head of CIMD Operations and the Functional Head of Regulatory Reporting and Monitoring for EMEA
• You will effectively lead and manage the MIFID II and G20 Regulatory Reporting & Monitoring Teams
• You will own and understand transaction and reporting requirements for the relevant regulatory regimes
• You will be responsible for trade reporting issue remediation which will require you to work collaboratively across multiple stakeholder groups
• You will be responsible for adapting your team, its processes and the supporting Engineering Infrastructure in response to changes in the relevant regulation and CIMD business requirements
• You will pro-actively review processes in order to gain efficiencies and improve risk oversight
• You will clearly communicate open risk and planned mitigation to the EMEA and Global Heads of Regulatory Middle Office
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree with minimum 7 years of industry experience
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as proficiency with web-based applications
• Experience of building and leading teams in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas and ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Good understanding of the financial industry including active interest in Operations
• Basic knowledge of project management and business analysis
• Experience in Asset Management or Private Wealth Operations
• Regulatory experience including EMIR, MiFID II, SFTR, ASIC, & SWISS Reporting
• Good understanding of financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivative and OTC derivatives
• Recent exposure to regulatory change programmes
• Trade life cycle knowledge
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity